Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Captain M's weekend

My weekend was amazing. Even though I was not at Elmhurst, I went down to Purdue University to visit my best friend. It is Purdue's last week of school so therefore they call the last week "Grand Prix Week". During grand prix week, you pretty much party at the crack of dawn and just participate in various activities to end your year with a kick.
The drive down there was actually very quick. Once I got there, it was time to get ready for our friday night. Unlike Elmhurst, everyone gets so ready. They were wearing like high heals and dresses but it was still fun to dress up. Once we were ready, we got a sober ride over to the kappa sigs house. One of my friends from high school is in the fraternity. Before the night was over my friend and I decided we wanted breakfast. We went to Triple X. Let me tell you, that food was amazing!
Saturday was my favorite day down at Purdue. We went shopping and started to get ready right when we got back to the dorms. Since this was the last day of grand prix, it was the biggest party night. We went to a house party to just prix game and than hiked our way over to SNU. SNU is a fraternity that got with two other fraternities to create the biggest party on campus. This place is huge and every room on every floor was filled. The great thing about fraternity parties is that you never have to pay for your drinks because they pay for it. Unfortunately, someone pulled the fire alarm so everyone took off because any cops got there! Once again, back to Triple X.

All around my weekend was awesome and I wish I could do it all over again. Some of my friends said that there was a few great house parties here but only on Friday.

1 comment:

ECCB-Christina said...

A weekend at Purdue sounds much more appealing than a weekend at elmhurst--it seems like everyone here either goes home or goes to other schools to party every weekend!